Natural Foods Expert Janet Jacks gives us some simple tips to help us enhance our health and well-being. By choosing a rainbow of colour for our diets, we are feeding ourselves more nutrients.
1. Get at least 10 different colours a day
2. Load up on dark greens!
3. Dress up your veggies with some olive oil and salt for taste
4. Darker the fruit, the more benefit!
5. Eat more veggies than fruit (as fruit spikes our blood sugar)
6. Use colourful spices that have potent antioxidants.
7. A variety of herbal tea, void of pigments and dyes, are a great alternative.