Trafficking for women and children for sex has become a worldwide phenomenon. Its victims trapped in a vicious cycle of abuse, with very little chance to escape. Many of them are suffering from forced addiction, brutal beatings and often dying young from disease and neglect.
The driving force behind this horrific trade is the pursuit of money - with profits upwards of $32 billion every year!
As awareness spreads, people around the globe are joining together to make a difference. Here at Crossroads Relief and Development, we are working both near and far to combat this issue.
- We educate rural villagers about the tactics of traffickers.
- We also support a 1800 toll-free number that is a lifeline to marginalized victims.
- We help rescued girls heal and receive education.
- We are on the front lines of emerging crimes, such as the trafficking of girls to China for forced marriage.
- We partner with a safe house, north of Toronto, that is a beautiful haven to help girls heal and begin again.
Crossroads Relief and Development is passionate about stopping this horrific trade, BUT WE CANNOT DO IT WITHOUT YOU.
Or donate through our website at crossroads.ca