As we all know, being healthy doesn't just mean going to the gym and working out. It also means eating healthy and making wise food choices.
Juliana Cavaleri is a clinical nutritionist who has helped many people improve their health and lose weight. In the video above, she shows us some simple, healthy and delicious food that we can have for ourselves and for our little ones!
Here are the recipes!
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. If you need to use something for the pan, try using 1 tsp of butter or 1 tsp of coconut oil. After pancakes are finished, slice strawberries and decorate around the pancake and add blueberries to make eyes and smile!
*If you require gluten free, try using almond flour or quinoa flour 1 ½ cup
**If you require lactose free try ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
* Substitute buttermilk for herd and garlic light cream cheese, skim milk or non-fat milk
Place cauliflower florets and garlic in a steamer basket over boiling water, cover and steam until very tender, 12 to 15 minutes. (Alternatively, place florets and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 cup water, cover and microwave on High for 3 to 5 minutes.)
Place the cooked cauliflower and garlic in a food processor. Add buttermilk, 2 teaspoons oil, butter, salt and pepper; pulse several times, then process until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and garnish with chives, if desired.
· Ground Turkey
· Bread crumbs
4. Lettuce Tacos
El-Paso Taco Mix
· Ice Berg Lettuce
· Ground Chicken or Turkey
· Drained canned corn
· Sweet Bell Peppers (yellow, orange, or red)
· ½ cup whole-wheat flour
· ½ cup almond flour or all purpose flour
· 1 cup sugar or 1 cup apple sauce
· ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· ½ tsp baking powder
· ½ tsp salt
· ½ cup water
· ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 2 cups raw spinach
· ¼ cup dark semi-sweet chocolate chips
· Preheat oven to 350°F.
· In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients.
· Add all wet ingredients and spinach in a blender, and blend until liquid.
· Slowly fold wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips.
· Spread evenly in a 9x13-inch baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes; check to see if it's ready by poking a toothpick in the center; it should come out clean.
· Decorate with some sprinkles or chocolate chips on top.